McKenna Foundation Purpose
The challenges the McKenna Foundation will address span both health and social issues. We are committed to finding ways to address issues that negatively impact the well-being of those involved and the people around them.
That term can be loosely defined, and that’s intentional. We want to think about the well-being of our community in a number of ways, from many different perspectives. We consulted civic leaders, educators, healthcare providers and community organizations, here and elsewhere. We conducted a needs assessment with the local community. We explored a lot of different options about which direction we might choose. We see where community needs are being met, and where there were gaps, and we will try to anticipate what issues will be gaining prominence in the future. Through all of the talk and research and analysis, the discussions kept leading in the direction of community well-being, beyond the traditional definitions.
- Make a positive difference in the quality of life and well-being of people living in New Braunfels through grant-making, education and capacity building programs.
- Be a flexible and responsive leader, facilitator and innovator in addressing the critical and changing needs of the New Braunfels community.
- Exercise responsible stewardship of the Foundation’s financial and intellectual resources to assure the perpetual viability of the Foundation for the benefit of those living in the New Braunfels community.
- Non-profit organizations
- Government entities
- Civic, community and educational leaders
- Healthcare providers
- Faith-based organizations
- You and your family